Deal Alert: JetBlue Flash Sale With Fares From $43 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitzor Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue has launched another one of its famous two-day flash sales. This time, the “Fall for it” sale includes tickets to various destinations both internationally and throughout the US. We’re seeing the cheapest one-way fares from $43, and round-trips starting at $86. In order to score a ticket at these discounted fares, you must book by September 21, at 11:59pm ET or local time. Eligible travel dates are between October 1 and December 15, 2018, with blackout dates of October 8, November 7-10, November 16-26, and the sale excludes Friday and Sunday travel.
Note that a few of the dates included as part of this sale are for summer travel time, as well as peak fall dates. We’re seeing plenty of availability throughout much of October and November and into December, with some dates even extending outside of the published sale dates. Because so many cities are part of this sale, it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page in order to find out exactly which ones are included. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long — they’ll be available through Friday only.
Additionally, this is a great time to use JetBlue points since their value is tied to the cost of the ticket — you can score one-way flights from just 2,200 points and $5.60. Chase recently added JetBlue as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $43+ one-way, $86+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October 1 to December 15, 2018 with some blackout dates
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier Card, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for $43 one-way:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for 2,200 TrueBlue points + $5.60 one-way:
Worcester (ORH) to New York (JFK) for $44 one-way:
St. Croix (STX) to San Juan (SJU) for $46 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Syracuse (SYR) for $48 one-way:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for $86 round-trip:
Washington, DC (IAD) to New York (JFK) for $96 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Portland (PWM) for $108 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Kingston (KIN) for $127 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by David Neil Madden / Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees