JetBlue flash sale: Flights have dropped to $44 or 3,100 points O/W
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Tick, tock. The clock is ticking on these JetBlue flash fares. Flights across the U.S., including cities such as Boston (BOS), Atlanta (ATL) and San Francisco (SFO) are starting at just $44 or 3,100 TrueBlue points one-way. We’re even seeing great deals to the Caribbean starting at less than 4,000 points plus taxes and fees one-way.
Keep in mind that the cheapest tickets paid in cash are in JetBlue’s recently rolled-out basic economy Blue Basic fare class. That means changes and cancellations will not be allowed, not even for a fee. Customers traveling on Blue Basic fares will forfeit their entire ticket cost if they do not travel on their originally booked flights. Passengers flying on Blue Basic tickets will be the last group called for boarding.
You must travel between January 8 through March 31, and note that there are numerous blackout dates, including Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, Valentine’s Day and President’s Day. Don’t wait to book these tickets, as the promotion expires on December 18 at 11:59 PM.
Routes: Major routes served by JetBlue, see full list here
Cost: $44 or 3,100 TrueBlue points one-way
Dates: January 8 – March 31, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Buffalo (BUF) for $43 or 3,100 TrueBlue points one-way nonstop in Blue Basic:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $49 one-way or 3,500 TrueBlue points one-way nonstop:
Long Beach (LGB) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $48 one-way or 3,500 TrueBlue points one-way nonstop:
New York (JFK) to Charleston (CHS) for $58 one-way or 4,500 TrueBlue points one-way nonstop:
Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Grand Cayman for $64 one-way or 3,800 TrueBlue points one-way nonstop:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Zach Griff / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees