Italy deal alert: Fares from Miami and NYC to Milan, Naples and Rome from $442 round trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re considering a trip in the fall before the holiday season consumes you, we have a great new deal alert for you.
You can save big money on airfare to various Italian cities from Miami, Newark and New York City. There are flights to Bologna, Milan, Naples and Rome in this deal, so don’t expect the lowest-price fares, some of which are under $500 for nonstop travel, to last very long.
As with the majority of these discount deals, you’ll pay extra to check luggage. Checking a bag will cost between $60-$75 each way, so keep that in mind as you choose your itinerary.
The best availability for this sale is for October and November. There are even flights that include the Thanksgiving holiday. There are also some good prices for flights between January and May of next year.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
The latter offers access to deals on premium economy, business- and first-class tickets. As always, be as flexible with your travel plans as possible, as it will typically help you find better prices.
Airlines: Aer Lingus, American, British Airways, Delta, ITA, SAS, TAP, United.
Routes: Miami, Newark and New York City to Bari, Catania, Milan, Naples and Rome, Italy.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: Best availability October-November 2022; also January-May 2023.
If you want to spend Thanksgiving in Italy, Delta has economy nonstop fares from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport (FCO) for only $486. That’s a nice discount for this route at the beginning of the holiday season.
That same route is only $10 more in January.
There are good prices on flights to Naples International Airport (NAP) in October. Aer Lingus has economy tickets at the discounted price of $480 round trip. As we mentioned above, it will cost you about $75 each way to check luggage on the Irish airline.
TAP Portugal has $445 round-trip economy fares from Newark (EWR) to Milan (MXP) in March for only $445.
You can also book nonstop economy tickets from JFK to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) for $555 on American and Delta. We found lots of availability at this price in early November and in January and February.
If you live in Miami, you can also score a nice deal on a ticket to Milan. TAP has $442 round-trip fares (with a layover in Portugal) from Miami International Airport (MIA) in March. We also saw similar prices in January and February.
We’ll end with a nice discount fare SAS has for travel from Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) to Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ). You can book this itinerary in late November for only $482 round trip.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Laura Dibiase/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees