Deal alert: Fly to Houston from $128 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
These discounted fares were originally reported by The Flight Deal, which offers an $80 premium subscription to receive alerts about first, business and premium economy seats on sale. These fares are available for travel from February through April.
Airline: American Airlines
Routes: BNA/LAX/LGA/MIA/MSY/ORD to IAH
How to book: Directly through the airline or via Google Flights
Travel dates: February – April
You can fly for under $200 round-trip in the main cabin on American Airlines, which include seat selection and a carry-on. Additional fees will apply for a checked bag, a seat with extra legroom and priority boarding.
One of the cheapest deals we found was a nonstop flight from Chicago (ORD) to Houston (IAH) for $128 round-trip at the beginning of March.
For the same $128 fare, travelers have many options from Miami (MIA) to Houston (IAH) throughout February, March and April.
Travelers from the Big Apple can head south with this deal from New York (LGA) to Houston (IAH) for $138 round-trip from the end of February to the beginning of March.
For the same $138 price, travelers on the West Coast can go from Los Angeles (LAX) to Houston (IAH) round-trip on a direct flight in the middle of April.
You can travel from the Big Easy to the Lone Star state at a great price as well. For $146 round-trip, travelers can go from New Orleans (MSY) to Houston (IAH) with short stops in Dallas (DFW) each way.
Go from the Music City to Space City on a $173 round-trip flight from Nashville (BNA) to Houston (IAH) with short layovers in Charlotte (CLT) each way.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
With everything from high to low in attractions from the Beer Can House to the Rothko Chapel, Houston has a wide variety of things to explore. Or tack on a trip to the NASA Johnson Space Center. Jump on one of these deals to explore all Houston has to offer.
Featured image by Sean Pavone/Shutterstock.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.