Deal alert: Head to Helsinki for under $400 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you look at a list of the happiest countries, Finland is usually somewhere near the top. What’s not to like when you’ve got the Northern Lights, creative cuisine, forests, nature and some of the cleanest air. Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) is offering flights starting at $363 round-trip from major U.S. cities to Helsinki.
SecretFlying was the first to report this deal which is available throughout March and April 2022.
Airline: Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
Routes: EWR/IAD/LAX/MIA/ORD to HEL
How to book: Directly through the airline’s site or via Google Flights
Travel dates: March – April
The deals below are for basic economy on SAS, which includes a standard seat and carry-on. A seat selection, checked bag and any ticket changes will cost extra.
One of the most affordable deals includes a flight from Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Helsinki (HEL) for $363 round-trip in March. This low fare includes long layovers in Copenhagen (CPH) each way so be aware of that before booking.
For a few bucks more, New Jersey residents can snag a flight from Newark (EWR) to Helsinki (HEL) for $374 round-trip with a layover in Stockholm (ARN) on the departure and almost a full day there on the return flight.
You can book a trip in early April from Miami (MIA) to Helsinki (HEL) for $424 round-trip, also with a stop in Stockholm (ARN) each way.
There are flights available from Chicago (ORD) to Helsinki (HEL) at the end of April for the same price of $424 round-trip with stops in Stockholm (ARN).
We found a $432 fare for travel from Los Angeles (LAX) to Helsinki (HEL) in late March with a return in early April for $432 round-trip. It includes layovers in Copenhagen (CPH) each way.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Whether you want to explore the arctic or see the Northern Lights, the magic of Finland is undeniable. Don’t miss out on seeing the country’s capital, Helsinki, to experience all of the history and culture it has to offer.
Featured image by Finn stock/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.