Deal Alert: Flights to Hawaii From $260 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen some solid prices to Hawaii, but today we are seeing a number of sub-$300 deals from the West Coast — including San Diego, Oakland, Orange County, San Jose and Portland — and sub-$400 deals from further inland like Phoenix, Albuquerque and even Houston. Almost every Hawaiian airport is on sale from at least one of these departure airports.
To search, head to Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Delta, United, American Airlines, Hawaiian
Routes: SAN/OAK/SNA/SJC/PHX/PDX/IAH/ABQ to KOA/HNL/OGG/LIH
Cost: $260+ round-trip
Travel Dates: June-October 2019 and January-February 2020 — depending on the route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Related: The 7 Best Starter Credit Cards
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Diego (SAN) to Kona (KOA) for $260 round-trip 1-stop in Delta basic economy:
Oakland (OAK) to Honolulu (HNL) for $265 round-trip 1-stop in Delta basic economy:
Orange County (SNA) to Kona (KOA) for $293 round-trip 1-stop in United basic economy:
San Jose (SJC) to Honolulu (HNL) for $295 round-trip 1-stop in American Airlines basic economy:
Oakland (OAK) to Kona (KOA) for $295 round-trip 1-stop in American Airlines basic economy:
San Jose (SJC) to Kona (KOA) for $295 round-trip 1-stop in American Airlines basic economy:
San Jose (SJC) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) for $303 round-trip 1-stop in Delta basic economy:
Phoenix (PHX) to Lihue (LIH) for $335 round-trip 1-stop in United basic economy:
Portland (PDX) to Lihue (LIH) for $335 round-trip 1-stop in United basic economy:
San Jose (SJC) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) for $338 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Houston (IAH) to Lihue (LIH) for $345 round-trip 1-stop in American Airlines basic economy:
Albuquerque (ABQ) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) for $355 round-trip 1-stop on United basic economy:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by 7maru via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees