Deal alert: Get up to 75% off round-trip domestic flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is turning 28 years old this month, and it’s offering flyers up to 75% off round-trip flights to celebrate.
The discount is for round-trip, nonstop domestic flights only and you must use the promo code BIRTHDAY when you check out.
As part of this sale, we found round-trip flights starting at $44.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Routes: Nonstop round-trip flights to/from the continental U.S. and Puerto Rico, certain routes excluded.
How to book: Directly through the airline using the promo code BIRTHDAY.
Travel dates: Tuesdays and Wednesdays starting Aug. 9 through Oct. 5. Blackout dates include Aug. 31, Sept. 3 and 6-7.
Book by: 11:59 pm ET on July 7.
For the sake of this story, we searched round-trip flights available to book for the week of Aug.10-17. Some of the cheapest deals we found were:
- Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) to San Francisco International Airport (SFO), starting at $44.38.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), starting at $83.
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), starting at $87.
- Midway International Airport (MDW) to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), starting at $87.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), starting at $88.
Head directly to the Frontier sale page to book this sale. Entering your origin and destination city, along with dates. Be sure to select “Round-trip” and don’t forget to type BIRTHDAY into the promo code box.
For example, we booked the below flight from ATL-LGA for just under $90 round-trip.
For this flight, after we applied the promo, it came to a total of $88. Before the promo, this round-trip flight would have been $98.
The discount is not valid for group purchases.
As an ultra-low-cost airline, Frontier charges extra for anything more than a personal item that can fit under the seat in front of you. And baggage fees on Frontier can get complicated.
You will save the most money by adding a bag at the time of booking versus at any other point in the travel process. For a carry-on, which has to be less than 35 pounds, you’ll pay at least $60. Checking a bag starts at $55.
Be sure to search for other available routes included in this deal, like this flight from LAS-SFO, just over $44 round-trip:(Screenshot from flyfrontier.com)
Maximize your purchase
Use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases to maximize your spending. You earn 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year when you use The Platinum Card® from American Express. Both the Citi Premier® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve earn 3 points per dollar on airfare. When you book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel using the American Express® Gold Card you will earn 3 points per dollar on airfare. For other travel-related purchases, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card earns 2 points per dollar. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Frontier has a lot of really cheap rates to begin with, but this deal makes it just that little bit cheaper. Just make sure to apply the promo code and pay attention to the excluded dates (there are a lot).
With so many routes available, it’s worth checking out this deal to see if you can get your flight for a below-average price. Act fast, though. The deal ends July 7.
Featured image by Abstract Aerial Art/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees