Deal alert: Fly to Asia via Singapore Airlines for as low as $499 RT
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Whether you’re hoping to snag a great fare to Asia or Europe, you should check out Singapore Airlines’ Black Friday deals. Special round-trip fares are as low as $499 round-trip. Fares can be purchased through Dec. 3, 2019, for travel between January and May 2020.
We’re seeing some well-priced economy routes like San Francisco to Hong Kong and New York to Frankfurt for $499 per person, round-trip. To get to Europe, there’s a Houston to Manchester route for $599 round-trip, or spend a few dollars less to go even further: San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York to Bali for $549 round-trip.
Visit Singapore Airlines’ Black Friday Specials page to view the deals from each gateway.
Premium economy deals range from $899–$1,099 per person, round-trip and include routes like Los Angeles to Singapore ($899), San Francisco to Singapore ($999) and San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York to Bali for $1,099.
There are even solid business class deals. For example, New York to Frankfurt for $1,999; Los Angeles to a variety of cities, including Bali, Bangkok, Singapore, Tokyo and others for $2,999; and even Los Angeles to Male, Maldives for $3,499.
Using Google Flights is an easy way to search for availability. Just enter your origin and destination cities and review the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for your trip. Then, click to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Expedia or Priceline.
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Routes: Deals from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, New York-JFK, New York-EWR and Houston to places like Singapore, Tokyo, Bali, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Phuket, Perth, Male, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and, in Europe, Manchester and Frankfurt
Cost: Economy from $499, Premium Economy from $899 and Business from $1,999
Travel Dates: January–May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are some sample fares we found:
New York-JFK to Frankfurt for $493 per person, round-trip in economy
Los Angeles to Tokyo-NRT for $543 per person, round-trip in economy
San Francisco to Denpasar (Bali) for $1,199 per person, round-trip in premium economy
New York-JFK to Frankfurt for $2,204 per person, round-trip in business
This sale ends Dec. 3, 2019, so search for your flights and book ASAP.
Featured image by Graham-H/Pixabay
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees