Deal alert: Fly to Asia via Singapore Airlines for as low as $499 RT
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Whether you’re hoping to snag a great fare to Asia or Europe, you should check out Singapore Airlines’ Black Friday deals. Special round-trip fares are as low as $499 round-trip. Fares can be purchased through Dec. 3, 2019, for travel between January and May 2020.
We’re seeing some well-priced economy routes like San Francisco to Hong Kong and New York to Frankfurt for $499 per person, round-trip. To get to Europe, there’s a Houston to Manchester route for $599 round-trip, or spend a few dollars less to go even further: San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York to Bali for $549 round-trip.
Visit Singapore Airlines’ Black Friday Specials page to view the deals from each gateway.
Premium economy deals range from $899–$1,099 per person, round-trip and include routes like Los Angeles to Singapore ($899), San Francisco to Singapore ($999) and San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York to Bali for $1,099.
There are even solid business class deals. For example, New York to Frankfurt for $1,999; Los Angeles to a variety of cities, including Bali, Bangkok, Singapore, Tokyo and others for $2,999; and even Los Angeles to Male, Maldives for $3,499.
Using Google Flights is an easy way to search for availability. Just enter your origin and destination cities and review the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for your trip. Then, click to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Expedia or Priceline.
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Routes: Deals from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, New York-JFK, New York-EWR and Houston to places like Singapore, Tokyo, Bali, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Phuket, Perth, Male, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and, in Europe, Manchester and Frankfurt
Cost: Economy from $499, Premium Economy from $899 and Business from $1,999
Travel Dates: January–May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some sample fares we found:
New York-JFK to Frankfurt for $493 per person, round-trip in economy
Los Angeles to Tokyo-NRT for $543 per person, round-trip in economy
San Francisco to Denpasar (Bali) for $1,199 per person, round-trip in premium economy
New York-JFK to Frankfurt for $2,204 per person, round-trip in business
This sale ends Dec. 3, 2019, so search for your flights and book ASAP.
Featured image by Graham-H/Pixabay
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees