Deal Alert: Flights to Hawaii From $257 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
A few days ago we published a deal for flights to Hawaii, and it appears that not only are the cheap flights still around, but also that prices have dropped on some routes while other departure cities have been added. We’re seeing nonstop flights departing from the West Coast for as low as $257 round-trip and flights from the Midwest and East Coast starting from around $400 round-trip (not the best prices we’ve ever seen from those further destinations, but not a bad deal, either).
The discounts depend on your route, so if you’re agnostic about which Hawaiian island to visit, I’d recommend plugging in your preferred departure city and then all major Hawaiian airports (HNL/LIH/OGG/KOA/ITO) into Google Flights to find the absolute cheapest price.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American, Hawaiian, Alaska, United, Delta
Routes: PDX/SAN/OAK/SJC/SFO/SEA/DFW/ATL/BOS/LGA/BWI/ORD/FLL/MSP and likely more to HNL/LIH/OGG/KOA/ITO
Cost: $257+ round-trip
Travel Dates: March-June
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Diego (SAN) to Kahului (OGG) for $257 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $297 round-trip nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Oakland (OAK) to Kahului (OGG) for $297 round-trip nonstop on Alaska Saver fares:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kona (KOA) for $297 round-trip nonstop in United basic economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Kona (KOA) for $335 round-trip in United basic economy:
Portland (PDX) to Kahului (OGG) for $337 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian via Priceline:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Kahului (OGG) for $405 round-trip on Alaska Saver fares:
Dallas (DFW) to Lihue (LIH) for $406 round-trip, 1-stop in United basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL) for $430 round-trip 1-stop in American basic economy:
Baltimore (BWI) to Lihue (LIH) for $435 round-trip, 1-stop in American basic economy:
New York (LGA) to Kona (KOA) for $509 round-trip 1-stop in United basic economy:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Mighty Travels
Featured image by JTB Photo/UIG via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees