Deal Alert: Flights to Hawaii From $257 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
A few days ago we published a deal for flights to Hawaii, and it appears that not only are the cheap flights still around, but also that prices have dropped on some routes while other departure cities have been added. We’re seeing nonstop flights departing from the West Coast for as low as $257 round-trip and flights from the Midwest and East Coast starting from around $400 round-trip (not the best prices we’ve ever seen from those further destinations, but not a bad deal, either).
The discounts depend on your route, so if you’re agnostic about which Hawaiian island to visit, I’d recommend plugging in your preferred departure city and then all major Hawaiian airports (HNL/LIH/OGG/KOA/ITO) into Google Flights to find the absolute cheapest price.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American, Hawaiian, Alaska, United, Delta
Routes: PDX/SAN/OAK/SJC/SFO/SEA/DFW/ATL/BOS/LGA/BWI/ORD/FLL/MSP and likely more to HNL/LIH/OGG/KOA/ITO
Cost: $257+ round-trip
Travel Dates: March-June
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Diego (SAN) to Kahului (OGG) for $257 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $297 round-trip nonstop in Delta basic economy:
Oakland (OAK) to Kahului (OGG) for $297 round-trip nonstop on Alaska Saver fares:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kona (KOA) for $297 round-trip nonstop in United basic economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Kona (KOA) for $335 round-trip in United basic economy:
Portland (PDX) to Kahului (OGG) for $337 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian via Priceline:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Kahului (OGG) for $405 round-trip on Alaska Saver fares:
Dallas (DFW) to Lihue (LIH) for $406 round-trip, 1-stop in United basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL) for $430 round-trip 1-stop in American basic economy:
Baltimore (BWI) to Lihue (LIH) for $435 round-trip, 1-stop in American basic economy:
New York (LGA) to Kona (KOA) for $509 round-trip 1-stop in United basic economy:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Mighty Travels
Featured image by JTB Photo/UIG via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees