Deal Alert: Flights to Scandinavia on Full-Service Carriers From $304 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Full-service airlines from every alliance have lowered prices to Oslo, Norway (OSL), and Stockholm, Sweden (ARN). You can fly from departure cities across the country to both Scandinavian destinations with prices starting from just $304 round-trip. Most fares are in basic economy, so you’ll have to pay extra for a checked bag and seat selection.
Cheap flights are available on many routes throughout the year, except during peak summer dates. You can make a quick hop to a city further north to try and catch the majestic northern lights — just make sure you book when you have the best chance of seeing them from September through April.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: TAP Portugal, Swiss, Lufthansa, Air France, Delta, Finnair, British Airways, United
Routes: JFK/EWR/BOS/IAD/MIA/ORD/LAX/SFO/PHL/DFW/MSP/FLL and likely more to OSL/ARN
Cost: $304+ round-trip in economy
Dates: March to early June, Late August to December
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Oslo (OSL) for $304 round-trip on TAP Portugal via Priceline:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $352 round-trip on TAP Portugal:
Boston (BOS) to Oslo (OSL) for $384 round-trip on Swiss/Lufthansa:
Chicago (ORD) to Oslo (OSL) for $386 round-trip on Swiss/Lufthansa:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Oslo (OSL) for $399 round-trip on TAP Portugal via Priceline:
San Francisco (SFO) to Stockholm (ARN) for $403 round-trip on United:
Miami (MIA) to Oslo (OSL) for $409 round-trip on TAP Portugal via Priceline:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Stockholm (ARN) for $414 round-trip on Swiss/United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Oslo (OSL) for $414 round-trip on Swiss/Lufthansa:
Washington DC (IAD) to Oslo (OSL) for $420 round-trip on Air France:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by Alexemanuel / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees