Flash Sale: JetBlue Flights From 400 Points or $20
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue is running a fantastic flash sale with flights from just $20 one-way. Flights are available up and down the East Coast and to a few international destinations like the Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Jamaica sprinkled into the mix. The catch? First, you need to book quickly since the sale ends tonight at 11:59pm EST. Second, travel dates are very limited and specific with select flights available from April 27 through May 8.
To search, head to JetBlue’s sale page and filter the list by your departure city.
This is a good opportunity to use JetBlue TrueBlue points since award redemptions are tied to the cost of the ticket. You can transfer points from Citi ThankYou, Amex Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue at a 1:1 ratio from Citi and Chase, but a less attractive 250: 200 ratio from Amex.
In some cases you can get outsized value from your JetBlue TrueBlue points with this sale. TPG pegs TrueBlue points to a 1.3 cent valuation. However, like with the Boston to Atlanta flight shown below — you can get up to 3.6 cents per point from some of these redemptions! (This may be related to the current 15% off JetBlue award flights promotion.) And if you have the JetBlue Plus Card you can save even more, since it gives 10% of your redeemed points back every time you book an award flight.
These flash sales present a great opportunity to fly an entire family of four one-way for less than $100 in total cost.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $20+ one-way or 400+ points
Travel Dates: April 27 – May 8
Book By: Tonight by 11:59pm EST
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), JetBlue Plus Card (6x on JetBlue purchases), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, (3x on flights) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Boston (BOS) for 400 points + $5.60 one-way:
Atlanta (ATL) to Boston (BOS) for $20 one-way:
Washington DC (DCA) to Jacksonville (JAX) for $30 one-way:
Washington DC (DCA) to Jacksonville (JAX) for 1,000 points + $5.60 one-way:
New York (JFK) to West Palm Beach (PBI) for $40 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) for $90 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
If you pay with cash instead of points, don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), JetBlue Plus Card (6x on JetBlue purchases), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners and Reserve cardmembers will earn 3x points on grocery purchases until the end of April.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more