Who doesn’t like free miles? Etihad giving away 1,500 miles as part of birthday celebration
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Savvy travelers know you never, ever turn down a chance to grab some free airline miles — which is why everyone should take Etihad Airways up on its great new 15th birthday promotion. Members of the Etihad Guest loyalty program can earn 1,500 miles just for registering on its website between now and Sept. 6.
All you have to do to get the bonus miles is go to the site, enter your name, Etihad Guest membership number and the email associated with your account. It’s as easy as that.
If you’re not signed up for Etihad Guest, you can sign up here. Once you do that, register for the birthday promotion and you can collect your free 1,500 miles. The miles may not actually be added to your account immediately but should be in there by Sept. 15.
For more TPG news delivered daily to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
One extra perk for signing up is that getting the bonus will help extend the expiration of any miles you may currently have in your account. Also, the miles are free!
Etihad’s birthday promotion also includes 15% back on economy- and business-class awards on its own flights that are booked between now and Sept. 6, for travel through Dec. 31. Considering that TPG values each Etihad mile at 1.4 cents, on par with American AAdvantage miles and a bit better than Delta SkyMiles, it’s a no-brainer to do it.
(Did we already mention the miles are free?)
One of the most commonly repeated pieces of advice TPG has for smart travelers is to diversify one’s loyalty portfolio. Even if Etihad isn’t an airline you fly often, it makes sense to sign up for this deal. What have you got to lose?
Featured image courtesy of Etihad.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees