Today Only: East Coast Amtrak Sale, Including Acela, From $19 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amtrak is currently running its “Northeast Holiday Sale” with low fares all over the East Coast. The sale, which ends tonight at 11:59pm, has fares starting at $19 one-way on the Northeast Regional or $69 one-way on the high-speed Acela.
Reduced prices are available for travel from Nov. 27 through Jan. 5, 2019.
Below are some of the route rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes along the Northeast Corridor apply.
Routes: Valid for travel on the Acela Express and Northeast Regional train service including Keystones and Pennsylvanian between New York and Philadelphia, Vermonter between New Haven and Washington and thruways to Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Cost: From $19 one-way, $38 round-trip
Book by: September 27, 2018
Travel Dates: November 27 – January 5, 2019
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Upgrades to Business Class are not permitted. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (5x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $19 one-way:
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $38 round-trip:
Washington, DC (WAS) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way:
Washington, DC (WAS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $39 one-way:
New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $78 round-trip:
Boston, MA (BOS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $79 one-way on the Acela:New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $115 one-way on the Acela:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (5x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more