This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is currently running its “Northeast Holiday Sale” with low fares all over the East Coast. The sale, which ends tonight at 11:59pm, has fares starting at $19 one-way on the Northeast Regional or $69 one-way on the high-speed Acela.
Reduced prices are available for travel from Nov. 27 through Jan. 5, 2019.
Below are some of the route rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes along the Northeast Corridor apply.
Routes: Valid for travel on the Acela Express and Northeast Regional train service including Keystones and Pennsylvanian between New York and Philadelphia, Vermonter between New Haven and Washington and thruways to Virginia Beach and Norfolk.
Cost: From $19 one-way, $38 round-trip
Book by: September 27, 2018
Travel Dates: November 27 – January 5, 2019
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Upgrades to Business Class are not permitted. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $19 one-way:
Washington, DC (WAS) to Richmond, VA (RVR) for $38 round-trip:
Washington, DC (WAS) to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) for $29 one-way:
Washington, DC (WAS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $39 one-way:
New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $78 round-trip:
Boston, MA (BOS) to New York, NY (NYP) for $79 one-way on the Acela:New York, NY (NYP) to Washington, DC (WAS) for $115 one-way on the Acela:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
This is one of the top premium cards out there since you earn 3x on all travel (excluding $300 travel credit) and dining and have access to great perks like a $300 travel credit each cardmember year, 50% more value when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards and you get elite travel benefits like Global Entry application fee rebate, Priority Pass Select and special rental car privileges.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®