Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Europe for just 32,000 SkyMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
The value of Delta SkyMiles has fluctuated over the years as the airline has eliminated award charts and the price of some awards shot up. However, there are still ways to score some excellent award flight deals with your SkyMiles. As first reported by Frequent Miler, there are some round-trip flights left to Europe starting at just 32,000 SkyMiles in economy and 40,000 miles round-trip in Comfort+.
While availability is limited and we found the most availability from Delta’s hub airports, you may find some bargains if you’re willing to use a flexible date search and mix and match the flights.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Since you’re booking with SkyMiles, you can easily change or cancel your itinerary if you’re not able to embark on your trip for unforeseen circumstances.
Airline: Delta Air Lines.
Routes: New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD), Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) and beyond.
Cost: As low as 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip, plus taxes and fees (dependent on the destination, usually under $100).
Dates: Now through March 2022.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel ), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
Here are just a couple of examples of flights we found for 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) for 32,000 SkyMiles and $58 in taxes and fees
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for 32,000 SkyMiles and $47 in taxes and fees
How to book
There are no tricks or special codes needed to find these fares.
Head to Delta Air Lines and plug in your desired departure and destination cities. Then, press “Shop with Miles” and use the calendar function to find dates that work for you.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
Featured photo by Chris Rank for Rank Studios.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees