Deal alert: fly to Europe for 90k points round-trip in Delta Premium Select
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are your Delta SkyMiles burning a hole in your digital wallet? Well, big news, Delta Air Lines is currently offering great deals on reward flights to Europe.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
If booked between now and Nov. 30, people can get a round-trip Delta Premium Select flight to a number of European destinations starting at 90,000 miles plus fees, according to the company’s Season of Deals sale page.
Routes: Various U.S. airports to a handful of European destinations.
Cost: Starting at 90,000 miles, plus fees.
Dates: Book by Nov. 30 for travel between Nov. 23, 2021 and May 6, 2022.
What is Delta Premium Select?
Delta’s answer to premium economy, Premium Select gives passengers more space to spread out, including more legroom, a wider seat, adjustable foot and leg rests, as well as more space to recline. In our experience, it is way less cramped than economy too.
Premium Select also comes with a handful of other great amenities that will make your trip smoother, like accelerated check-in, security and baggage service, beer and wine onboard, large screens for in-flight entertainment and two free checked bags. Premium Select rewards tickets can also get free changes and cancelations.
For those with Delta Elite status looking to upgrade from Premium Select, note that starting Feb. 1 the airline will require the use of a Global Upgrade Certificate to be placed on the waitlist for Delta One.
And this deal might be the perfect way for you to finally experience and make your own determinations about it.
With this quick sale, SkyMiles members can travel between Nov. 23, 2021 and May 6, 2022 to a number of European destinations, including popular spots like London, Barcelona, Dublin, Paris and Amsterdam for 90,000 miles, from various cities around the U.S., including quick connections to Delta’s major hubs.
- New York City airports to Paris-De Gaulle (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS) and London-Heathrow (LHR) for 90,000 miles
- Philadelphia (PHL) to Paris-De Gaulle, Amsterdam and London-Heathrow for 90,000 miles
- Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD), Lisbon (LIS) and Dublin (DUB) for 90,000 miles
- Washington D.C. (WAS) to Dublin and ROME (FCO) for 90,000 miles
- Detroit (DTW) to Dublin and Barcelona (BCN) for 90,000 miles
- Chicago (CHI) to Dublin, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon and London-Heathrow for 90,000 miles
- Miami (MIA) to Dublin, Barcelona and Madrid for 90,000 miles
- Austin (AUS) to Rome, Dublin and Barcelona for 90,000 miles
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona for 90,000 miles
- San Francisco (SFO) to Dublin, Madrid, Barcelona and Rome for 90,000 miles
- Honolulu (HNL) to Amsterdam for 90,000 miles
To find these deals, head to the sales landing page and enter your home airport to start searching. It’s worth mentioning that there really are great deals from smaller airports around the U.S., and even some great deals on flights to Europe from the West Coast and even Hawaii. This sale can be a big win for people who don’t often find great deals, especially in premium economy, from more regional airports.
maximize your purchase
While this fast sale is specifically for folks booking with points, it’s worth mentioning that having a Delta co-branded credit card could help you earn enough points to snag a similar deal like this in the future. With the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card, you could earn the welcome offer of 50,000 bonus miles, over half of what you’d need for this sale, by spending $2,000 in purchases in the first three months of card membership. Using the card and earning 3x miles on eligible Delta purchases, 2x miles at restaurants and 1x miles on all other purchases can help you have enough points for the next time this sale rolls around. The card has a $250 annual fee (see rates and fees).
Much of Europe is currently open to U.S. travelers, though we can’t say what the winter and early spring months, when most of these deals are available, will look like. That said, with Premium Select, tickets can easily be changed or canceled free of charge. So if you’ve been looking to book a trip across the pond with your SkyMiles, this might just be the deal you’ve been waiting for.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Amex card, click here.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees