Deal Alert: Premium Economy Flights to Tokyo, Seoul From 70k Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
While we’ve seen a slew of great Delta economy SkyMiles deals, premium cabin deals are more rare. Today, we’re seeing a new flash sale for flights to Tokyo or Seoul for 70,000 SkyMiles round-trip on Delta’s true premium economy product, Premium Select.
At current TPG valuations, 70,000 SkyMiles are worth $840. Add in taxes and fees starting at $53 and this is equivalent to scoring a sub-$900 round-trip deal to Asia in premium economy. While you might find Premium Select cash fares to China for that price, I’m not finding any cash fares less than $1,400 to Seoul or Tokyo. That means you’re getting around two cents per SkyMile on these redemptions.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Routes: BNA/BOS/BWI/CLE/CMH/CVG/IND/JFK/LAS/MCI/MCO/PIT/RDU/SEA/SLC (and likely others) to NRT/HND/ICN
Cost: 70,000+ SkyMiles plus $53+ round-trip in premium economy
Purchase By: February 25
Dates: Outbound travel between March 4-May 2
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo Haneda (HND) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $60 round-trip nonstop:
Baltimore (BWI) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Indianapolis (IND) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Kansas City (MCI) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Orlando (MCO) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Raleigh/Durham (RDU) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Seoul (ICN) for 70,000 SkyMiles + $53 round-trip:
Cincinnati (CVG) to Tokyo (TYO) for 80,000 SkyMiles + $60 round-trip:
Cleveland (CLE) to Tokyo Haneda (HND) for 80,000 SkyMiles + $60 round-trip:
Columbus (CMH) to Tokyo (TYO) for 80,000 SkyMiles + $61 round-trip:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Tokyo Narita (NRT) for 80,000 SkyMiles + $61 round-trip:
Nashville (BNA) to Tokyo (TYO) for 80,000 SkyMiles + $60 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Tokyo (NRT) for 80,000 SkyMiles + $55 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply. Also, this is a great card for defeating basic economy.
Featured image courtesy of visualspace via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees