Deal Alert: Delta One Business Class Flights to Peru From $837 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
While Peru is filled with plenty of wonders, Machu Picchu takes the prize for the most well known. Whether you want to go explore the Inca ruins yourself or the floating grass islands of Lake Titicaca or the “poor man’s Galapagos” of Islas Ballestas, you’ll want to be well-rested before your adventure. What better way to do so than to fly in lie-flat business class down to Peru in Delta One?
Today, we are seeing cheap flights to Lima (LIM) from a number of US cities — including Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Boston (BOS), New Orleans (MSY), Nashville (BNA), Austin (AUS), Hartford (BDL), Jacksonville (JAX) and Buffalo (BUF) — starting at just $837 round-trip.
While the domestic flights will be on an aircraft that has a standard recliner seat, the flight from Atlanta to Lima has a lie-flat business class product. In fact, TPG has reviewed this exact flight a few years back.
It’s possible you may even find yourself in the newly retrofitted Delta 767-400ER with the enhanced Delta One seats.(Photo by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy)
To search for these fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline, through an OTA like Priceline.
Routes: FLL/BOS/MSY/BNA/AUS/BDL/JAX/BUF to LIM
Cost: $837+ round-trip in business class
Travel Dates: limited dates from November 2019 through April 2020 with most dates in January-February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige® Card (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Lima (LIM) for $837 round-trip 1-stop:
Boston (BOS) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
New Orleans (MSY) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
Nashville (BNA) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
Austin (AUS) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
Hartford (BDL) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
Jacksonville (JAX) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
Buffalo (BUF) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop:
Nashville (BNA) to Lima (LIM) for $886 round-trip 1-stop in March-April 2020:
Boston (BOS) to Lima (LIM) for $946 round-trip 1-stop in April 2020:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Jesse Kraft/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.