Delta Flyaway Deals Offering Domestic Awards From 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta has been on a tear of late with SkyMiles award sales, tossing in alluring rates for far-flung locales like South Africa and Australia. In an effort to appease those looking for a flight closer to home, the carrier has launched a Flyaway Deals section that includes domestic round-trip awards for less than 10,000 SkyMiles. If you’re looking to burn a few for an impromptu trip, you better hurry — these deals end on Nov. 5, 2018.
While the carrier only lists the routes shown here as being discounted, we’re finding that this award sale is much more extensive as is often the case with Delta. This follows the discounted Delta awards to Hawaii that are pricing at just 19,000 miles round-trip. So, hop over to Delta and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
At current TPG valuations, 10,000 SkyMiles are worth $120. Adding in taxes and fees starting at $11 and this is similar to scoring a $131 round-trip deal. For reference, American Airlines domestic awards don’t get any cheaper than 13,000 miles round-trip on nonstop flights under 500 miles booked through reduced mileage awards. Domestic United awards don’t fall below 20,000 miles round-trip.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio. If you’re a resident of Washington state, this is a fantastic use of miles earned via Delta’s 12status program, given that both Seattle (SEA) and Spokane (GEG) are included.
Routes: Flights to/from AUS/BNA/BOS/CMH/CHI/CVG/DEN/GEG/IAD/LAS/LAX/MCO/MSP/PHX/SEA/SJC/SFO/SNA/TPA and more
Cost: From 10,000 miles round-trip plus taxes/fees starting at $11 (one-way flights are pricing at half the round-trip fare)
Travel Dates: Nov. 27, 2018 – Mar. 7, 2019
Purchase By: November 5
Restrictions: Terms note that a Friday or Saturday night stay and a 21-day advanced purchase is required
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Indianapolis (IND) for 10,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Austin (AUS) for 10,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Phoenix (PHX) for 10,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular deal, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has an award sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering a 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
For avid Delta flyers, be sure to pore over our guide to choosing the best credit card for Delta loyalists.
Featured image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.