Delta flash sale: Flights around the US have dropped to $97 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Keep in mind that many of the tickets are in Delta’s basic economy fare class. This means that there are restrictions or fees on seat assignment, upgrades, changes and — for some destinations — checked baggage. However, there are ways to defeat portions of basic economy by using a cobranded credit card. Note that some Basic Economy restrictions are waived for elites.
To see the full list of the deals being advertised, head to Delta’s deal page. As always, if you don’t see your city listed, still check as it’s possible it’s not listed in the sale, but you may still be able to snag a good deal. But don’t wait, the deals are only through September 25!
Routes: Major routes served by Delta, see full list here
Cost: $97+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: October – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Nashville (BNA) for $97 round-trip in basic economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to San Diego (SAN) for $99 round-trip in basic economy:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Long Beach (LGB) for $99 round-trip in basic economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for $107 round-trip in basic economy:
Austin (AUS) to Cincinnati (CVG) for $117 round-trip in basic economy:
Seattle (SEA) to San Jose (SJC) for $127 round-trip in Main Cabin:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.