Deal Alert: Delta Flash Sale to Ski Destinations From 9,000 Miles Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although Delta hasn’t had a published award chart for years, it does offer award flash sales fairly regularly. Destinations have included domestic flights for 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Asia for 30,000 SkyMiles round-trip, London for 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Australia for 44,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Africa for 54,000 SkyMiles round-trip and more.
But today Delta is putting ski destinations on sale starting at 9,000 Delta SkyMiles each way. Delta lists 12 routes for this deal, but there are likely other options available. We recommend heading to Delta.com and searching around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
At current TPG valuations, 18,000 SkyMiles are worth approximately $216. Adding in taxes of just $11 brings the total value of these awards to as little as $227 round-trip. On it’s deal page, Delta lists $119 as the lowest one-way price, but note that some routes are pricing at just $160 round-trip — if you don’t mind booking Basic Economy:
The sale is scheduled to end Feb. 12, but availability comes and goes on these deals. So you’ll want to book soon if you want to take advantage of the deal.
Routes: Between ATL/LAX/SJC and ASE/EGE/HDN/BZN/JAC/FCA/RNO/SUN — and likely others
Cost: 18,000+ SkyMiles and $11 round-trip in economy
Purchase By: February 12
Dates: Feb. 27 to Mar. 31
Booking Link: Directly with Delta
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare on plus trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Aspen (ASE) for 18,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Sun Valley, ID (SUN) for 18,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Jackson Hole, WY (JAC) for 18,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Reno (RNO) for 19,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Aspen (ASE) for 26,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Steamboat Springs (HDN) for 26,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Steamboat Springs (HDN) for 29,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Vail (EGE) for 29,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare on plus trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. Plus, these are great card for defeating basic economy.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by gladassfanny / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.