Deal Alert: Delta Flash Sale to Ski Destinations From 9,000 Miles Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although Delta hasn’t had a published award chart for years, it does offer award flash sales fairly regularly. Destinations have included domestic flights for 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Asia for 30,000 SkyMiles round-trip, London for 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Australia for 44,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Africa for 54,000 SkyMiles round-trip and more.
But today Delta is putting ski destinations on sale starting at 9,000 Delta SkyMiles each way. Delta lists 12 routes for this deal, but there are likely other options available. We recommend heading to Delta.com and searching around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
At current TPG valuations, 18,000 SkyMiles are worth approximately $216. Adding in taxes of just $11 brings the total value of these awards to as little as $227 round-trip. On it’s deal page, Delta lists $119 as the lowest one-way price, but note that some routes are pricing at just $160 round-trip — if you don’t mind booking Basic Economy:
The sale is scheduled to end Feb. 12, but availability comes and goes on these deals. So you’ll want to book soon if you want to take advantage of the deal.
Routes: Between ATL/LAX/SJC and ASE/EGE/HDN/BZN/JAC/FCA/RNO/SUN — and likely others
Cost: 18,000+ SkyMiles and $11 round-trip in economy
Purchase By: February 12
Dates: Feb. 27 to Mar. 31
Booking Link: Directly with Delta
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare on plus trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Aspen (ASE) for 18,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Sun Valley, ID (SUN) for 18,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Jackson Hole, WY (JAC) for 18,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Reno (RNO) for 19,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Aspen (ASE) for 26,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Steamboat Springs (HDN) for 26,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Steamboat Springs (HDN) for 29,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Vail (EGE) for 29,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare on plus trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. Plus, these are great card for defeating basic economy.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image by gladassfanny / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees