Delta Flash Sale: Fly to Shanghai From 40,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If a trip to China has been on your to-do list, then you should consider booking now. Delta’s offering discounted award flights from the US to Shanghai (PVG). The airline had a similar sale in early July and is back with more deals at rock-bottom rates — round-trip flights start at just 40,000 miles.
Departures are available from Atlanta (ATL), New York (JFK/LGA), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO), Birmingham (BHM), Nashville (BNA), Jacksonville (JAX), New Orleans (MSY), Raleigh/Durham (RDU) and Washington DC (DCA/IAD) — although you may find cities outside of those listed.
Despite Delta not publishing an award chart, round-trip awards to China usually start at 70,000 miles so this is nearly half-off. Taxes and fees are a reasonable $35-$40 on these routes.
Head over to Delta’s website and use the flexible date calendar to find the cheapest rates. You’ll need to book your ticket by August 15 to take advantage of the deal.
Routes: JFK/LGA/ATL/BHM/BNA/DCA/IAD/FLL/JAX/MSY/MCO/RDU to PVG
Cost: From 40,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $35 round-trip
Book by: August 15
Dates: August 16 – December 9, 2018
Restrictions: Must purchase seven days in advance. No minimum stay required
Pay Taxes and Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Atlanta (ATL) to Shanghai (PVG) nonstop for 40,000 miles and $35 round-trip:
New York (LGA/JFK) to Shanghai (PVG) for 40,000 miles and $41 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Shanghai (PVG) nonstop for 40,000 miles and $41 round-trip:
Orlando (MCO) to Shanghai (PVG) nonstop for 40,000 miles and $41 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular discount round, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has a sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.