Delta Flash Sale: Europe From 48,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Every so often Delta offers an award “flash sale,” such as flights to Asia from 50,000 SkyMiles round-trip or South America from 36,000 SkyMiles round-trip. The latest version of this promotion is offering award flights to Europe starting at just 48,000 SkyMiles round-trip. This is a pretty great rate when you consider a standard low-level award flight between the US and Europe is typically 30,000 miles one-way. Several European destinations are included in this sale, such as London (LHR), Zurich (ZRH), Madrid (MAD), Dusseldorf (DUS) and Frankfurt (FRA).
In order to take advantage of this deal, you’ll have to book by Wednesday, May 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, and travel between September 8 and November 15, 2018, or January 10 to March 15, 2019.
Route: US to Europe (LHR/ZRH/MAD/DUS/FRA/TXL/NCE/SNN/KEF)
Cost: 48,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in economy + taxes and fees
Dates: September 8 – November 15, 2018 and January 10 – March 15, 2019
Pay Taxes/Fees With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) or The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare)
Here are a few examples of dates you can book:
Minneapolis (MSP) to London (LHR) for 48,000 miles + $194 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Zurich (ZRH) for 48,000 miles + $63 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Madrid (MAD) for 48,000 miles + $58 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Frankfurt (FRA) for 48,000 miles + $129 round-trip:
Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, so there’s no telling exactly how discounted these award sale fares are. But when considering whether or not redeeming is a better option than outright buying a flight, make sure that you’re comparing apples to apples. Delta’s awards book into the main cabin, while the cheapest revenue rates you’ll find on search engines like Google Flights are likely for Delta’s basic economy fares.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta SkyMiles credit cards from American Express to ensure you’re able to take advantage of an offer like this next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
Featured image of Parque Del Buen Retiro in Madrid, Spain by Emad Aljumah via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees