Delta flash sale: Domestic flights starting at 10k SkyMiles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Delta’s back with more SkyMiles deals. This time, we’re seeing domestic routes for as low as 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip. Here are some of the routes bookable for 10,000 miles plus taxes and fees round-trip:
There are many other routes bookable for slightly more miles. Even if you don’t see your city or desired route in this post, it’s worth searching for yourself. You may also find cheaper deals than what’s advertised.
To search, head to Delta’s SkyMiles deal page and take a look at the eligible origin and destination cities. Click on Book Now to see a calendar of available dates and prices. Then, click through to book directly with the airline.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New Orleans (MSY) to New York City (LGA/JFK) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Bozeman/Big Sky (BZN) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Charleston (CHS) to New York City (LGA/JFK) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
New York City (LGA/JFK) to Fort Myers (RSW) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Washington D.C. (IAD) from 15,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize your purchase
Although you could use a credit card that earns additional points or miles on airfare purchases, you’ll likely want to instead use a card that provides solid travel protections. This is because the value of the travel protections provided by select cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card — and select Amex cards starting at the beginning of 2020 — can be worth much more than the points or miles you’d earn on the taxes and fees charged on these award tickets.
And, even if you only fly Delta a few times each year, you may want to consider adding a co-branded card to your wallet to get benefits such as your first checked bag free and priority boarding on Delta flights:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99 (See Rates & Fees), see our card review
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card: $250 annual fee (See Rates & Fees), see our card review
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: $550 annual fee (See Rates & Fees), see our card review
Additional reporting by Liz Hund.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees