Delta flash sale: Domestic flights starting at 10k SkyMiles round-trip
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Delta’s back with more SkyMiles deals. This time, we’re seeing domestic routes for as low as 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip. Here are some of the routes bookable for 10,000 miles plus taxes and fees round-trip:
There are many other routes bookable for slightly more miles. Even if you don’t see your city or desired route in this post, it’s worth searching for yourself. You may also find cheaper deals than what’s advertised.
To search, head to Delta’s SkyMiles deal page and take a look at the eligible origin and destination cities. Click on Book Now to see a calendar of available dates and prices. Then, click through to book directly with the airline.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New Orleans (MSY) to New York City (LGA/JFK) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Bozeman/Big Sky (BZN) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Charleston (CHS) to New York City (LGA/JFK) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
New York City (LGA/JFK) to Fort Myers (RSW) from 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Washington D.C. (IAD) from 15,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop:
Maximize your purchase
Although you could use a credit card that earns additional points or miles on airfare purchases, you’ll likely want to instead use a card that provides solid travel protections. This is because the value of the travel protections provided by select cards such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card — and select Amex cards starting at the beginning of 2020 — can be worth much more than the points or miles you’d earn on the taxes and fees charged on these award tickets.
And, even if you only fly Delta a few times each year, you may want to consider adding a co-branded card to your wallet to get benefits such as your first checked bag free and priority boarding on Delta flights:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card: $99 annual fee that’s waived the first year (See Rates & Fees), see our card review
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card: $250 (See Rates & Fees), see our card review
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: $550 (See Rates & Fees), see our card review
Additional reporting by Liz Hund.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.