Delta Flash Sale: Domestic Awards From 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Good news if you’re looking for a domestic deal and have some Delta SkyMiles burning a hole in your pocket. The airline is back with another flash sale on award flights to destinations like Austin (AUS), Boston (BOS), New York City (JFK) and Tampa (TPA).
Delta doesn’t have an award chart, so it’s hard to quantify the amount of the discounts with this sale. But, some of these deals start at just 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip. Based on current TPG valuations, that’s just $120 worth of miles with just $11 of taxes and fees. But, this sale isn’t going to be around for long — tickets must be purchased no later than July 25, 2018.
While the carrier only lists the above routes as being discounted, as is often the case with Delta, we’re finding that this award sale is much more extensive. So, hop onto Delta.com and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
Routes: Flights to/from ATL/AUS/BOS/CVG/FLL/JFK/LAX/PWM/SAN/SFO/SLC/TPA and more
Cost: From 10,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip. One-way flights are pricing at half of the round-trip price.
Book by: July 25, 2018
Dates: August – November
Restrictions: Terms note that a Saturday night stay is required, but this restriction isn’t being applied in practice.
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Portland, Maine (PWM) for 10,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for 11,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Austin (AUS) for 13,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Cincinnati (CVG) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 13,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Tampa (TPA) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to San Diego (SAN) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Austin (AUS) for 15,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular discount round, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has a sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.