Deal Alert: Domestic Delta Awards From 11,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Good news Delta SkyMiles collectors: Delta is back again with another round of discounted domestic awards, with rates starting at just 11,000 miles round-trip. But this sale isn’t going to be around for long — tickets must be purchased no later than September 5.
While the carrier only lists the following routes as being discounted, as is often the case with Delta, we’re finding that this award sale is much more extensive. So, hop onto Delta.com and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
At current TPG valuations, 11,000 SkyMiles are worth just $132. Adding in taxes and fees starting at $11 and this is equivalent to scoring a $143 round-trip deal. For reference, American Airlines domestic awards don’t get any cheaper than 13,000 miles round-trip on nonstop flights under 500 miles booked through reduced mileage awards. Domestic United awards don’t fall below 20,000 miles round-trip.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Flights to/from BOS/CHS/DEN/JFK/LAX/SEA/SFO/SLC/TPA and more
Cost: From 11,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip. One-way flights are pricing at half of the round-trip price.
Travel Dates: September 5 through November 15
Purchase By: September 5
Restrictions: Terms note that a Friday or Saturday night stay is required, but this restriction isn’t being applied in practice.
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Tampa (TPA) for 11,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to San Francisco (SFO) for 11,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
New York’s Kennedy (JFK) to Charleston (CHS) for 12,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Austin (AUS) for 13,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Denver (DEN) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Los Angeles (LAX) for 14,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular deal, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has an award sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees