Deal Alert: Delta Domestic Award Flights From 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta has just launched another SkyMiles sale for domestic routes around the country. You can fly round-trip in economy for as little as 10,000 miles. And upgrades to Comfort+ will only bump up your total to 11,000 miles round-trip. Availability is widespread too, like on flights between New York and Washington, D.C.:
For reference, United charges no less than 20,000 miles round-trip for an award flight. And the cheapest American Airlines awards are nonstop flights under 500 miles booked with a reduced mileage award code that still cost 13,000 round-trip.
Delta’s deals site lists 10 routes, but there are even more options available. Given how widespread many of these sales are, your best bet would be to head to Delta.com and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing. The sale applies to flights from May 1 to June 27, but you’ll need to book by March 20 to get the deals.
Remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta SkyMiles at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Flights between ATL/LAX/MSP/PDX/SEA/SFO/SJC/DCA/BWI/JFK/LGA/ORD/DTW/SLC — and likely more
Cost: 10,000+ SkyMiles plus $11 round-trip in economy, 11,000+ SkyMiles plus $11 round-trip in Comfort+
Purchase By: March 20
Dates: May 1 to June 27
Booking Link: Directly with Delta
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Washington, D.C. (DCA) to New York (LGA) for 10,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
Portland (PDX) to Seattle (SEA) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Portland (PDX) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Portland (PDX) for 11,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Boston (BOS) for 13,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for 14,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Chicago (ORD) for 16,000 miles + $11 in taxes and fees nonstop round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on all travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.Also, this is a great card for defeating basic economy.
Featured image by Ramin Talaie/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees