Deal alert: West Coasters can get away to Honolulu for less than $350 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
West Coast travelers looking to fly to Hawaii are in luck: Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and American Airlines are offering competitive rates for routes from airports on the West Coast to Honolulu.
Round-trip flights from select West Coast cities to Hawaiian airports, including Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Kailua-Kona International Airport (KOA), Kahului Airport (OGG) and Lihue Airport (LIH), are available for less than $300. Flights depart from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Portland International Airport (PDX), Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), San Diego International Airport (SAN), Oakland International Airport (OAK), Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) and San Jose International Airport (SJC). This deal varies based on the locations but is available from August to November and January to March.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Hawaiian, United and American.
Routes: Departures from LA; Portland, Oregon; Seattle; San Diego; Oakland, California; Las Vegas; and San Jose, California, to Honolulu, Kailua-Kona, Kahului and Lihue in Hawaii.
How to book: Search Google Flights but book through the airline’s website directly.
Travel dates: August-November 2022 and January-March 2023; exact availability depends on the route.
Book by: One to two days.
Scott’s Cheap Flights was the first to point out this deal to us. Premium members get tipoffs to flight deals up to 90% off. You can try out Premium for free for 14 days, and maintain access for $49 per year. If you’d like even more deals, Elite members pay $199 per year to access deals with premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
This deal includes flights from a variety of West Coast airports, including:
- LA to Honolulu, starting at $258.
- Seattle to Honolulu, starting at $335.
- Portland to Honolulu, starting at $351.
- San Jose to Lihue, starting at $237.
- San Diego to Kalaoa, starting at $230.
- Las Vegas to Kahului, starting at $256.
To book this deal, start by searching Google Flights. Make sure to check the prices on the booking calendar to see when the best prices are offered and if they work for your desired trip dates.
Searching Google Flights will ensure you get the best rates available for your specific dates and origin point. We’ve rounded up some of the best deals that we’ve spotted.
You could book a flight from LA to Honolulu in early November for $257 round-trip on Hawaiian Air.
These flights are under the carrier’s economy fare type, which includes one free carry-on, but charges $60 for a checked bag. Hawaiian only has economy and first-class fares, with first class starting at $1,108 for the same flight. So if you will be checking a bag, it might be worth making sure no other airline has a fare that includes a checked bag for less.
Once you have chosen your dates and the flight, you will see the various booking platforms through which the tickets are available. We recommend booking with the airline directly in case anything goes awry with the flight.
Continue with your purchase by going to the website that you want to book through and proceeding with the purchase. Don’t forget to sign in as a member to earn miles for your trip.
Maximize your purchase
Double-down and maximize what you get out of booking this trip by using the right credit cards. The Platinum Card® from American Express will earn you 5 points per dollar on travel booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 per calendar year. The Citi Premier® Card and the Chase Sapphire Reserve are both also great cards for booking airfare, earning you 3 points per dollar on airfare. The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is another travel companion to bring with you, as it will get you 2 points per dollar on travel expenses. Or try the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel.
We’d love to get away to Hawaii. With some travel expenses looking daunting this summer, this deal is begging for attention. Exploring Hawaii’s beaches, mountains, culture and food are all just a flight away. Who said Europe was the only place to spend a well-rounded vacation?
At less than $350, these round-trip flights from the West Coast to various Hawaiian destinations are well below the typical price point.
Featured photo by Sreejith Kurup/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees