Deal Alert: Flights to Spain on Full-Service Carriers From $318 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitzor Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’re seeing flights, including nonstop options on full-service carriers, from all over the US to Spain with prices starting at just $318 round-trip. You can fly from New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Philadelphia (PHL) to either Barcelona (BCN) or Madrid (MAD) on Delta, American or Iberia, depending on the route. American and Delta flights are in basic economy, so you’ll have to pay extra to select a seat or check a bag. However, an airline’s cobranded credit card can help defeat some of basic economy’s worst aspects.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Google may display a higher price, but after clicking on your preferred flights and waiting a few seconds, you should see the dirt-cheap fares. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA such as Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Delta, Iberia, American
Routes: JFK/SFO/LAX/MIA/FLL/PHL to BCN/MAD
Cost: $318+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: September – April 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $318 round-trip nonstop on Delta:
Miami (MIA) to Madrid (MAD) for $358 round-trip on Delta:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Madrid (MAD) for $358 round-trip on Delta:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Madrid (MAD) for $383 round-trip nonstop on Iberia:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Madrid (MAD) for $429 round-trip on Delta:
San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) for $438 round-trip on American:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image by MasterLu / Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees