Act Quick: BA Offering 100 Seats for $128 One-Way From London to Rio and Pittsburgh
Update 1/23/2019 7:16am ET: The BA sale page is now showing that this deal is no longer active. Check back Thursday to see the newest cities that are part of this 100-year sale.
With British Airways entering its centenary year, the deal hunters among us should be poised for some goodness coming from London.
The 100-year-old airline announced on Monday that it would sell 100 seats for £100 to different destinations each day of the week. Monday’s offering disappeared within the hour and Tuesday’s within 20 minutes, so be quick if you want to get in on the action on Wednesday and throughout the rest of the week.
Tickets go on sale at midday GMT (7am ET) each day from January 21-24.
Two destinations, unknown in advance, will be offered each day.
Monday: New York and Cape Town (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday: Boston and Abu Dhabi (SOLD OUT)
Wednesday: Rio de Janeiro and Pittsburgh
Rio de Janeiro tickets are available are for outbound travel from September 5 to October 8, 2019, with a return before October 15, 2019.
Pittsburgh tickets are available from for outbound travel beginning May 1 through May 31, 2019, with a return before June 7.
£100 ($128) each way for coach seats including 23kg checked baggage.
How to Book?
The offer is bookable here directly with British Airways.
Will I Earn Miles and Can I Upgrade?
The ticket books into M class. Monday’s deal to Cape Town would have earned a BA Executive Club Blue member 6,020 Avios (18,060 Avios for a Gold member) and 80 tier points. M class tickets are also upgradable using Avios to World Traveller Plus, should you be able to find redemption availability.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.