Deal Alert: US Cities to Ecuador From $362 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Unless you’re willing to fly an ultra-low-cost carrier like Spirit, finding cheap flights to South America from the US is quite difficult. Even then, flights from the US to Spirit’s limited network of South American destinations can be quite pricey. Luckily, if you act fast, you can score round-trip flights from multiple US cities to Quito, Ecuador (UIO), for just $362 round-trip.
Flights are available throughout the fall and early winter from late August through December. The airlines included in the deal are members of SkyTeam (Aeromexico) and Star Alliance (Copa), which means travelers can earn miles with SkyTeam or Star Alliance partners.
Located near the equator, the average high temperature in Quito throughout October, November and December stays in the mid to upper 60s. While not beach weather, Quito is the perfect winter getaway. The city is stunning with plenty of attractions, many of which can be accessed on foot.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Aeromexico, Copa Airlines
Routes: LAX/JFK/MIA/ORD/SFO to Quito (UIO)
Cost: $362+ round-trip in economy
Dates: select dates in August — December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Quito (UIO) for $362 round-trip on Copa:
Chicago (ORD) to Quito (UIO) for $381 round-trip on Aeromexico via Expedia:
Chicago (ORD) to Quito (UIO) for $382 round-trip on Copa via Orbitz:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Quito (UIO) for $381 round-trip on Aeromexico via Expedia:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Quito (UIO) for $382 round-trip on Copa via Cheap-O-Air:
New York (JFK) to Quito (UIO) for $392 round-trip on Copa via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Quito (UIO) for $393 round-trip on Aeromexico via Expedia:
San Francisco (SFO) to Quito (UIO) for $394 round-trip on Copa via Priceline:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card, American Express® Gold Card, (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.