Deal Alert: US to Dublin From $312+ Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Cheap flights are available from the US to Dublin, Ireland beginning this fall through early next year. One-stop flights start at $312 round-trip while nonstop flights are available from just $336 round-trip. Most cities with cheap flights are on the east coast, however, there are cities such as Chicago available. All flights are booked into economy class with some restrictions, however, carry-on luggage is not restricted.
Most flights are available in November and December, which means hotels and activities could be significantly less expensive than in the summer months. In December, Dublin also boasts a festive atmosphere to celebrate the Christmas holiday.
If you’re in Dublin on Christmas Day, consider visiting the Dublin International Airport (DUB), which sees around two flights that day as the passenger terminal is completely closed. It is quite an eerie scene.
To search, head to Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Aer Lingus, Air Canada, British Airways, TAP Portugal, Virgin Atlantic
Routes: BDL/BOS/JFK/MCO/MIA/ORD/PHL/WAS to DUB
Cost: $312+ 1-stop or $336+ nonstop round-trip in economy
Dates: select dates in October 2019 — January 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for $312 round-trip on TAP Portugal via CheapOair:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for $346 nonstop + round-trip on Aer Lingus:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Dublin (DUB) for $327 round-trip on Air Canada via United:
Washington DC (IAD) to Dublin (DUB) for $336 nonstop + round-trip on Aer Lingus:
New York (JFK) to Dublin (DUB) for $346 nonstop + round-trip on Aer Lingus:
Chicago (ORD) to Dublin (DUB) for $376 nonstop + round-trip on Aer Lingus:
Orlando (MCO) to Dublin (DUB) for $388 round-trip on Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus via Expedia:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image via maydays/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees