Deal Alert: US to Colombia on Full-Service Airlines From $238 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Pack your bags — flights to Colombia are on sale for as low as $238 round-trip. You can fly from Orlando (MCO), Miami (MIA), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), Washington D.C. (DCA), Houston (IAH), Boston (BOS) or Atlanta (ATL) to Bogotá (BOG) or Medellín (MDE) on full-service carriers which include JetBlue, American Airlines and United. Flights are available on select dates from February through May and September to December 2019.
Fares with United and American book into Main Cabin, so you’ll receive a free checked bag and seat selection. JetBlue does charge for checked bags on these routes.
If you’re looking for something to do while you’re in Colombia, check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in Colombia. Also, if you happen to fly into Medellín, here are five reasons you should take full advantage of all the city has to offer.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: JetBlue, American, United
Routes: MCO/MIA/FLL/LAX/JFK/DCA/IAH/BOS/ATL to BOG/MDE
Cost: $238+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: February-May, September-December
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Orlando (MCO) to Bogotá (BOG) for $238 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Medellín (MDE) for $264 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to Bogotá (BOG) for $297 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bogotá (BOG) for $341 round-trip on United:
Atlanta (ATL) to Bogotá (BOG) for $344 round-trip on JetBlue:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Bogotá (BOG) for $358 round-trip on JetBlue:
New York (JFK) to Bogotá (BOG) for $372 round-trip on JetBlue:
Boston (BOS) to Bogotá (BOG) for $383 round-trip on JetBlue:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees