Deal alert: Flights across the U.S. under $100
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights across the U.S. are currently available for under $100, and if you still have vacation days remaining, you’re in luck because many of these low fares are available before the year ends.
There are various routes available, so don’t get bummed if you don’t see your city in the list of examples. Head to Google Flights, plug in your departing city, put in “United States” as your destination, bring the price scale down to $100 and see what destinations are available from your city.
Note that all of these fares are non-refundable and can’t be changed. Additionally, you will have to pay extra for carry-on and checked baggage. However, if you’re just going for a quick trip then a personal bag shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience.
Airlines: American, Delta, United, Allegiant, Sun Country
Routes: Various U.S. cities
Cost: $68+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: October 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Charlotte (CLT) to Newark (EWR) for $68 round-trip on American:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Minneapolis (MSP) for $77 round-trip on Sun Country:
Newark (EWR) to Savannah (SAV) for $89 round-trip on Allegiant:Denver (DEN) to Charlotte (CLT) for $95 round-trip on United:
Houston (HOU) to Atlanta (ATL) for $97 round-trip on Delta:
Chicago (ORD) to Fort Myers (RSW) for $97 round-trip on United: Chicago (ORD) to Nashville (BNA) for $97 round-trip on American: Seattle (SEA) to San Diego (SAN) for $97 round-trip on Delta: Boise (BOI) to Phoenix (PHX) for $99 round-trip on Allegiant: Los Angeles (LAX) to Denver (DEN) for $99 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Ash Edmonds / Upsplash.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees