Deal alert: Flights across the U.S. under $100
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights across the U.S. are currently available for under $100, and if you still have vacation days remaining, you’re in luck because many of these low fares are available before the year ends.
There are various routes available, so don’t get bummed if you don’t see your city in the list of examples. Head to Google Flights, plug in your departing city, put in “United States” as your destination, bring the price scale down to $100 and see what destinations are available from your city.
Note that all of these fares are non-refundable and can’t be changed. Additionally, you will have to pay extra for carry-on and checked baggage. However, if you’re just going for a quick trip then a personal bag shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience.
Airlines: American, Delta, United, Allegiant, Sun Country
Routes: Various U.S. cities
Cost: $68+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: October 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Charlotte (CLT) to Newark (EWR) for $68 round-trip on American:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Minneapolis (MSP) for $77 round-trip on Sun Country:
Newark (EWR) to Savannah (SAV) for $89 round-trip on Allegiant:Denver (DEN) to Charlotte (CLT) for $95 round-trip on United:
Houston (HOU) to Atlanta (ATL) for $97 round-trip on Delta:
Chicago (ORD) to Fort Myers (RSW) for $97 round-trip on United: Chicago (ORD) to Nashville (BNA) for $97 round-trip on American: Seattle (SEA) to San Diego (SAN) for $97 round-trip on Delta: Boise (BOI) to Phoenix (PHX) for $99 round-trip on Allegiant: Los Angeles (LAX) to Denver (DEN) for $99 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Ash Edmonds / Upsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.