Deal alert: Flights across the U.S. under $100
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Flights across the U.S. are currently available for under $100, and if you still have vacation days remaining, you’re in luck because many of these low fares are available before the year ends.
There are various routes available, so don’t get bummed if you don’t see your city in the list of examples. Head to Google Flights, plug in your departing city, put in “United States” as your destination, bring the price scale down to $100 and see what destinations are available from your city.
Note that all of these fares are non-refundable and can’t be changed. Additionally, you will have to pay extra for carry-on and checked baggage. However, if you’re just going for a quick trip then a personal bag shouldn’t be too much of an inconvenience.
Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: American, Delta, United, Allegiant, Sun Country
Routes: Various U.S. cities
Cost: $68+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: October 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Charlotte (CLT) to Newark (EWR) for $68 round-trip on American:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Minneapolis (MSP) for $77 round-trip on Sun Country:
Newark (EWR) to Savannah (SAV) for $89 round-trip on Allegiant:Denver (DEN) to Charlotte (CLT) for $95 round-trip on United:
Houston (HOU) to Atlanta (ATL) for $97 round-trip on Delta:
Chicago (ORD) to Fort Myers (RSW) for $97 round-trip on United: Chicago (ORD) to Nashville (BNA) for $97 round-trip on American: Seattle (SEA) to San Diego (SAN) for $97 round-trip on Delta: Boise (BOI) to Phoenix (PHX) for $99 round-trip on Allegiant: Los Angeles (LAX) to Denver (DEN) for $99 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Ash Edmonds / Upsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees