Deal Alert: West Coast to Fiji Nonstop From $597+ Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
One of the world’s most sought-after leisure destinations just became a little more affordable. Flights in early 2020 from the West Coast to Fiji are available for $597 round-trip. Fares included in this deal are almost entirely nonstop flights and include all taxes and fees.
This deal is available throughout January and February of next year. Travelers to this small island nation can expect daily high temperatures of around 88˙F and water temperatures above 80˙F. Fiji is home to some of the world’s top beaches and most luxurious resorts, including properties with overwater villas. There’s no better way to start a new year than soaking up the sun on an island in the South Pacific.
All fares originate out of either San Francisco (SFO) or Los Angeles (LAX) and arrive in Nadi, Fiji (NAN). While all flights are operated by Fiji Airways, this deal can be booked via American Airlines’ website as well as select online travel agencies (OTAs) like Priceline and Orbitz. This deal is available throughout January and February, though availability is more widespread throughout the week versus weekends.
Lastly — to make sure you don’t miss out on what the country has to offer — check out Get Your Guide’s list of must-do activities for the Fijian Islands.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Fiji Airways
Routes: San Francisco (SFO)/Los Angles (LAX) to Nadi, Fiji (NAN)
Cost: $597+ roundtrip/nonstop,
Travel Dates: January – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Fiji Airways:
San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Priceline:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via American Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Priceline:
Google Flights Deal Availability from San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN):
Google Flights Deal Availability from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees