Deal Alert: West Coast to Fiji Nonstop From $597+ Round-Trip
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
One of the world’s most sought-after leisure destinations just became a little more affordable. Flights in early 2020 from the West Coast to Fiji are available for $597 round-trip. Fares included in this deal are almost entirely nonstop flights and include all taxes and fees.
This deal is available throughout January and February of next year. Travelers to this small island nation can expect daily high temperatures of around 88˙F and water temperatures above 80˙F. Fiji is home to some of the world’s top beaches and most luxurious resorts, including properties with overwater villas. There’s no better way to start a new year than soaking up the sun on an island in the South Pacific.
All fares originate out of either San Francisco (SFO) or Los Angeles (LAX) and arrive in Nadi, Fiji (NAN). While all flights are operated by Fiji Airways, this deal can be booked via American Airlines’ website as well as select online travel agencies (OTAs) like Priceline and Orbitz. This deal is available throughout January and February, though availability is more widespread throughout the week versus weekends.
Lastly — to make sure you don’t miss out on what the country has to offer — check out Get Your Guide’s list of must-do activities for the Fijian Islands.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Fiji Airways
Routes: San Francisco (SFO)/Los Angles (LAX) to Nadi, Fiji (NAN)
Cost: $597+ roundtrip/nonstop,
Travel Dates: January – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Fiji Airways:
San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Priceline:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via American Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN) for $597 round-trip via Priceline:
Google Flights Deal Availability from San Francisco (SFO) to Nadi (NAN):
Google Flights Deal Availability from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nadi (NAN):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.