This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitzor Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’re currently seeing cheap flights from several US cities to Belgium — Brussels, specifically. If you’ve been itching to try those authentic fries and mayo, consider booking now for travel dates between September and May 2019. Flights start at $360 round-trip into Brussels (BRU), departing from cities such as New York (JFK), Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Miami (MIA) and Washington DC (IAD, DCA).
To book, simply enter your desired departure and arrival locations on Google Flights, and skim through dates that work for you. Once you find a date that coincides with your schedule, book directly through the airline, or an OTA such as Orbitz or Expedia.
Airlines: Icelandair, WOW Air, Delta
Routes: JFK/BWI/BOS/ORD/FLL/MIA/IAD/DCA to BRU
Cost: $360+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2018 – May 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Brussels (BRU) in November for $360 round-trip on WOW Air:
New York (JFK) to Brussels (BRU) in February for $364 round-trip on Icelandair:
Chicago (ORD) to Brussels (BRU) in November for $380 round-trip on WOW Air:
Baltimore (BWI) to Brussels (BRU) in February for $420 round-trip on WOW Air:
Miami (MIA) to Brussels (BRU) in November for $426 round-trip on Delta Air Lines:
Washington DC (IAD) to Brussels (BRU) in January for $435 round-trip on Delta Air Lines:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees