Deal alert: Save 10% on your next RV rental
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Fortunately for you, Outdoorsy is offering a 10% nightly rate discount on rentals just for Earth Day. As the #1 trusted marketplace for RV rental and outdoor travel, you can book your summer adventure and save some cash while you’re at it.
Related: How to rent an RV for only $1 a day
Whether you’re looking to visit a national park or want a quick weekend getaway, the options are endless. You can search for an RV virtually anywhere through Outdoorsy. Since renting an RV (or any other motorhome) can be quite costly, the savings can definitely add up — especially if you’re looking to book a lengthy trip.
And with the recent car rental apocalypse, both our readers and TPG staffers have reported not being able to find a rental car in popular vacation destinations (think Florida or near any major national parks). Booking an RV in advance can guarantee you both accommodations and a mode of transportation, so you’ll want to snag this deal while you can.
The discount in action
Until April 30th, use the promo code “EARTHDAY” at checkout to save 10% on nightly rates. I found this sweet luxury RV that sleeps four in Las Vegas, with availability right around Memorial Day.
For $399 per day, booking for multiple nights (or even weeks on end) can get pricey. For a five-night rental, I was able to save $200 thanks to the Earth Day discount.
There doesn’t seem to be many limitations to this discount — so long as you book your rental by the end of April.
If this is your first time renting an RV, this might be a great opportunity to try it this summer. TPG’s Director of Travel Content Summer Hull rented her first RV through Outdoorsy and enjoyed some classic family fun through this experience.
Finally, be sure to use the right credit card to maximize points and miles on your summer road trip. You’ll want to use a card that can reward you for not only rental costs, but gas and dining while you’re on the road.
Related: Five epic road trips across America
Featured photo by Katie Genter for The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.