Deal Alert: Flights to Puerto Rico From $133 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights from the mainland United States to Puerto Rico are now available from just $133 round-trip. Flights are operated by JetBlue and Delta with a number of nonstop flights available from cities on the east coast. Flights on JetBlue will be booked into the airline’s lowest fare class, Blue, which still includes a carry-on bag with checked bags available for a fee.
Puerto Rico is a US territory, which means US citizens do not need a passport to visit. The island boasts a wide array of activities including scenic San Juan and beautiful beaches throughout the island.
To search for fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: JetBlue, Delta
Routes: ATL/BOS/DCA/EWR/FLL/JFK/LAX/MCO/ORD/SFO to BQN/SJU
Cost: $133+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: September — December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Aguadilla, PR (BQN) for $133 round-trip + nonstop on JetBlue:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Juan, PR (SJU) for $178 round-trip + nonstop on JetBlue:
New York (JFK) to San Juan (SJU) for $228 round-trip + nonstop on JetBlue:
New York (JFK) to Aguadilla (BQN) for $243 round-trip + nonstop on JetBlue:
San Francisco (SFO) to San Juan (SJU) for $259 round-trip on Delta:
Boston (BOS) to San Juan (SJU) for $282 round-trip + nonstop on JetBlue:
Chicago (ORD) to San Juan (SJU) for $301 round-trip on JetBlue:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Aguadilla (BQN) for $336 round-trip on JetBlue
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by dbvirago/iStock/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees