Deal Alert: Premium Economy Flights to Asia Just Dropped to $1,012 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Cheap premium economy flights to Asia continue to appear. After spotting low premium economy fares on the world’s longest flight between Newark (EWR) and Singapore (SIN) earlier this week, we’re seeing even more routes on sale. China Southern, EVA Air and Singapore Airlines are currently offering premium economy fares from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), New York (JFK/EWR), Chicago (ORD) and Seattle (SEA) to major cities across Asia, including Singapore (SIN), Hong Kong (HKG), Bali (DPS), Tokyo (NRT) and Seoul (ICN) from as low as $1,012 round-trip.
It doesn’t matter what part of the US you’re departing — flights to Asia are long. However, they shouldn’t be too bad as all of the premium economy products on sale offer at least 38 inches of pitch, enhanced dining and other extra perks like amenity kits.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia. Note that the discounted Singapore Airlines fares must be booked through an OTA as they are not available directly through the airline.
Airline: China Southern, EVA Air, Singapore Airlines
Routes: EWR/JFK/LAX/ORD/SEA/SFO to SIN/HKG/BKK/MNL/DPS/CGK/NRT/ICN
Cost: $1,012+ round-trip in premium economy
Travel Dates: September 2019 – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,012 round-trip in premium economy on China Southern:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seoul (ICN) for $1,066 round-trip in premium economy on EVA Air:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $1,076 round-trip in premium economy on EVA Air:
San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,125 round-trip in premium economy on EVA Air:
Newark (EWR) to Bali (DPS) for $1,143 round-trip in premium economy on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,153 round-trip in premium economy on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,181 round-trip nonstop in premium economy on Singapore Airlines:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by southtownboy / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees