Deal alert: Nonstop round-trip Puerto Rico flights for less than $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
There’s a fare war to Puerto Rico being waged by Delta, JetBlue and United — and that’s good news for those looking for a get away. Round-trip nonstop fares generally hover around $500 per person but we’re seeing prices much lower today, as noted by Scott’s Cheap Flights.
Note the fare class when booking since many of these low-priced fares are in basic economy, meaning you may not be able to select seat assignments and you may need to pay extra for a checked bag.
Airlines: Delta, JetBlue and United
Routes: ATL/EWR/FLL to SJU
Cost: $158+ round-trip
Dates: November 2019 — April 2020, excluding Christmas and New Year’s Eve
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Nonstop flights to San Juan out of Atlanta on Delta are pricing at around $190 round-trip.
From Newark, you can fly nonstop to Puerto Rico on JetBlue or United from $218 round-trip.
Or depart from Fort Lauderdale from $157.40 nonstop round-trip on JetBlue.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by John and Tina Reid/Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.