This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
While there have been recent demonstrations in certain areas of Paris, there’s still plenty to do and see in the City of Light. And, the decrease in demand for Paris flights has driven prices down — meaning now’s your chance to book a cheap flight for 2019.
Note that many deals are in basic economy — so you’ll have to forgo a free checked bag and upgrade eligibility. However, you can carry on a bag with all these tickets, and using an airline cobranded credit card can defeat some negative aspects of basic economy.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: LEVEL, United, American, Norwegian
Routes: EWR/MIA/BOS/FLL/SFO/MCO/DEN to ORY/CDG
Cost: $276+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: January – March and October – November 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Paris (ORY) for €244 (US$276) round-trip nonstop on LEVEL:
Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG) for $314 round-trip nonstop in United basic economy:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $324 round-trip nonstop in American Airlines basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) for $331 round-trip ($150 outbound + $181 return) nonstop on Norwegian:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris (CDG) for $361 round-trip ($180 outbound + $181 return) nonstop on Norwegian:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $374 round-trip nonstop in United basic economy:
Orlando (MCO) to Paris (CDG) for $391 round-trip ($210 outbound + $181 return) nonstop on Norwegian:
Denver (DEN) to Paris (CDG) for $392 round-trip ($200 outbound + $192 return) nonstop on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by RudyBalasko via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees