This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’re always looking for flight deals no matter the carrier or whether we can score premium economy and right now we’re seeing deals for nonstop flights from New York City to various European cities for less than $400 on the low-cost carrier, Norwegian Air.
These cheap tickets are available from November through January, although you’ll see the most discounted prices earlier in the year. Even though Norwegian is a budget airline that charges for things like seat selection, checked bags and meals, nonstop flights to major European cities for less than $400 are hard to pass up.
Use Google Flights to search for your preferred departure and destination and then book directly through Norwegian, so you can choose any add-ons.
Airline: Norwegian Air
Routes: EWR/JFK to LGW/NYO/MAD/CPH
Cost: $340+ round-trip
Dates: November 2018 – January 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The American Express Platinum Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
New York (JFK) to London (LGW) nonstop for $385 round-trip on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (NYO) nonstop for $346 round-trip on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) nonstop for $380 round-trip on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Copenhagen (CPH) nonstop for $340 round-trip on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards