Deal Alert: Los Angeles to Dubai From $334
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of our favorite cities is currently on sale for lucky West Coast fliers. Though fares to Dubai generally range anywhere from $700+, those with last-minute flexibility (and the patience to deal with a layover on the longer side) can score round-trip tickets for an incredible $334.
Originally featured on Secret Flying, fares are limited, available for just September and October. Though it’s not quite as incredible a deal to fly in November, you can also find round-trip tickets for just $554. All flights are booked into economy class on Air China, which includes a free checked bag.
If you’re trying to figure out where to stay in Dubai, check out our review of the W Palm Dubai Jumeriah. And for those with children, be sure not to miss the dedicated kid’s lounge at Dubai’s massive airport (though you’ll have to send them off on their own so they can get in. Make sure to ask for pictures!).
Airline: Air China
Routes: LAX to DXB
Cost: $334+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2019 — November 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare) American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline), or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Dubai (DXB) for $334 in October:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Dubai (DXB) for $361 in September:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Dubai (DXB) for $554 in November:
If you’re looking to maximize your points with American Express, you may consider booking directly on Air China’s website instead. Though it costs nearly $50 more for the same flight in October, you’ll earn 5x Membership Rewards versus just 1x MR on a third party site.
Los Angeles (LAX) to Dubai (DXB) for $380 via Air China’s website:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Ethan Steinberg/The Points Guy)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees