Deal Alert: JetBlue and Southwest flights from $44 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a winter escape? JetBlue and Southwest have you covered, with fares as low as $44 one-way.
The great part about these low fares is that they’re not super restrictive. Southwest is particularly flexible, allowing all passengers a free carry-on, two free checked bags and fee-free cancellations. JetBlue allows each passenger a free personal item and carry-on, though it does charge a fee for cancellations on Blue Basic and Blue reservations.
This sale is available on various U.S. routes, so head to each airline’s respective website to check which routes are available from your airport.
You can also use Google Flights to search for JetBlue fares (Southwest doesn’t aggregate on the search engine). To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Here’s a summary of what’s available:
Airline: Southwest and JetBlue
Routes: Various U.S. routes
Cost: from $44 one-way
Dates: January — March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
Newark (EWR) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from $43 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Las Vegas (LAS) from $45 one-way nonstop on Southwest:
Denver (DEN) to Salt Lake City (SLC) from $51 one-way nonstop on Southwest:
Boston (BOS) to Charleston (CHS) from $58 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Chicago (ORD) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from $63 one-way nonstop on JetBlue:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Tetra Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.