Deal alert: Flights to Hawaii from $277 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Remember when $591 round-trip used to be a good deal to Hawaii? Nowadays, it seems that the “new normal” for flights to Hawaii is in the $300s from the West Coast. But, today we are seeing flights to the Hawaiian destinations of Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kauaʻi (LIH) and Kona (KOA) as cheap as $277 round-trip.
And this deal isn’t just limited to the West Coast. There are great deals from many parts of the mainland U.S. to the 50th state for under $400 round-trip.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Hawaiian, American Airlines, Delta, United
Routes: OAK/SJC/SMF/SFO/ABQ/ATL/DTW/MSP/SLC/LAS to LIH/KOA/OGG/HNL
Cost: $277+ round-trip in economy (typically basic economy)
Travel Dates: September 2019 to May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Oakland (OAK) to Lihue (LIH) for $277 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
San Jose (SJC) to Lihue (LIH) for $278 round-trip one-stop on Hawaiian:
Oakland (OAK) to Kona (KOA) for $278 round-trip one-stop on Hawaiian:
Oakland (OAK) to Kahului (OGG) for $295 round-trip one-stop in American Airlines (not basic economy):
Sacramento (SMF) to Honolulu (HNL) for $303 round-trip one-stop in Delta basic economy:
San Francisco (SFO) to Lihue (LIH) for $320 round-trip one-stop on Hawaiian:
San Francisco (SFO) to Lihue (LIH) for $327 round-trip nonstop in United basic economy:
Albuquerque (ABQ) to Kahului (OGG) for $355 round-trip one-stop in United basic economy:
Atlanta (ATL) to Kahului (OGG) for $355 round-trip one-stop in United basic economy:
Detroit (DTW) to Honolulu (HNL) for $355 round-trip one-stop in United basic economy:
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) to Honolulu (HNL) for $355 round-trip one-stop in United basic economy:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Kahului (OGG) for $355 round-trip one-stop in United basic economy:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Honolulu (HNL) for $355 round-trip in American Airlines (not basic economy):
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by M Swiet Productions/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees