Deal Alert: Flights to Hawaii From $355 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Today we’re seeing another widespread Hawaii deal, especially on American Airlines flights departing from Delta hubs. Meanwhile, the competition on the West Coast ahead of Southwest’s entrance into the Hawaii market keeps driving prices to astonishingly low rates. Take advantage of these great fares, available even for peak summer dates.
Airline: Hawaiian, Delta, United, American
Routes: LAX/SFO/PHX/SAN/PDX/SMF/SEA/SLC/DTW/MSP/ATL/IAH/DFW/DEN to HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH
Cost: $355+ round-trip in economy
Dates: June 2018 through April 2019, depending on the route
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) on Sun Country for $355 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on Hawaiian for $363 round-trip:
Phoenix (PHX) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on Hawaiian for $363 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kona (KOA) on Hawaiian for $363 round-trip:
San Diego (SAN) to Lihue (LIH) in Delta Basic Economy for $366 round-trip:
Portland (PDX) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on United for $372 round-trip:
Sacramento (SMF) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on United for $372 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on United for $372 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Lihue (LIH) on American for $376 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kahului, Maui (OGG) on Hawaiian for $397 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Kona (KOA) on American for $404 round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Kona (KOA) on American for $404 round-trip:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Kona (KOA) on American for $404 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Kona (KOA) on American for $408 round-trip:
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL) on United for $414 round-trip:
Denver (DEN) to Lihue (LIH) on American for $414 round-trip:
Houston (IAH) to Honolulu (HNL) on American for $414 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees