This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While both Marriott and Hilton offer a 5th night free benefit on award stays, Hyatt’s latest promotion requires one less day and works on cash stays. In other words, those taking advantage of the latest 4th night free promo at select Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency hotels will still earn points and qualifying nights towards elite status within the World of Hyatt loyalty program.
Typically, the only way to score a 4th night free at a Hyatt property is to utilize one of the more prominent perks of the Citi Prestige credit card. From now through May 11, 2019, you’ll receive a 4th night free for stays through May 15, 2019 at one of 246 Hyatt Place hotels and one of 94 Hyatt Regency properties.
These include holiday destinations like Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, Hyatt Regency Bali, Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, Hyatt Place Los Cabos, Hyatt Place across from Universal Orlando Resort, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch and Hyatt Place Colorado Springs-Garden of the Gods.
It also includes a wide variety of airport hotels such as the Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, Hyatt Place Denver Airport, Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport-North, Hyatt Place Austin Airport and Hyatt Place Chicago-Midway Airport.
World of Hyatt points and night credits will not be awarded for the free night, and the offer is not valid with Family Plan rooms, group travel, conventions, other promotional offers or certificates, tour packages or special rate programs.
While a 4th night free is always appreciated, it’s worth checking your dates carefully. Search for a three-night stay and compare it with a four-night stay to see if you’re truly getting 25% off, and if the total cost with the free night is still lower than what you’d pay to stay nearby with a different brand.
If you do have the Citi Prestige Card, you may be able to stack its 4th night free perk with Hyatt’s promotion. You’ll just want to call the Citi Concierge and have them book it for you as you wont be able to select the Hyatt’s discounted rate through Citi’s online booking portal.
For those without a Prestige, we’d recommend putting the stay on your World of Hyatt Credit Card (if you hold one) to maximize earnings, or a card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3x Ultimate Rewards points on any travel spend. It may also be worth looking at booking through Hotels.com and using the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card to earn 10x points on the purchase.
If you’re interested in earning even more World of Hyatt points on stays, consider The World of Hyatt Credit Card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 points. You’ll earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first three months of account opening and an additional 25,000 points after spending $6,000 total within the first six months of account opening.
H/T: Miles To Memories
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening - free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status for as long as your account is open and 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships