Deal Alert: Frontier Flash Sale From $20 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to line-up the time away.
If you need a winter getaway, you can travel all over the US with discounted one-way fares on Frontier available from $20 and up, which is about as low as it goes from this ultra low-cost carrier. Flights are available on select dates in February and March.
You can spot the cheapest dates to fly by using Frontier’s monthly calendar view when you search for flights on its site.
Routes: Various domestic routes
Cost: $20+ one-way
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are some examples of routes you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA) for $20 one-way:
Las Vegas (LAS) to San Fransisco (SFO) for $20 one-way:
Denver (DEN) to Palm Springs (PSP) for $20 one-way:
New Orleans (LAS) to Austin (AUS) for $20 one-way:
Charleston (CHS) to Philadelphia (PHL) for $20 one-way:
Kids Fly Free
With Frontier, remember that not only can you scoop up low fares for yourself, but if you are a Discount Den member (currently $59.99 per year), then kids up to 14 years of age can now fly for free on eligible dates. Each ticketed passenger aged 15 and up on the eligible reservation is eligible for one free kid’s ticket.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you want to use miles and jump on these fares, you could pay with a card such as the Discover it Miles card and then pay yourself back for the $20+ fares with the miles earned on your card in the form of a statement credit since there is no minimum redemption amount for travel charges on that card.
If Frontier Airlines is a regular part of your family’s budget travel strategy, you may want to brush-up on some of its latest family-friendly developments. This includes not only kids fly free, but the ability for some Frontier Miles members to pool miles together, complimentary family seat assignments for certain Frontier elite members and even waived or reduced change fees.
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image courtesy of Frontier.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.