Deal Alert: Frontier Flash Sale From $20 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to line-up the time away.
If you need a winter getaway, you can travel all over the US with discounted one-way fares on Frontier available from $20 and up, which is about as low as it goes from this ultra low-cost carrier. Flights are available on select dates in February and March.
You can spot the cheapest dates to fly by using Frontier’s monthly calendar view when you search for flights on its site.
Routes: Various domestic routes
Cost: $20+ one-way
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are some examples of routes you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA) for $20 one-way:
Las Vegas (LAS) to San Fransisco (SFO) for $20 one-way:
Denver (DEN) to Palm Springs (PSP) for $20 one-way:
New Orleans (LAS) to Austin (AUS) for $20 one-way:
Charleston (CHS) to Philadelphia (PHL) for $20 one-way:
Kids Fly Free
With Frontier, remember that not only can you scoop up low fares for yourself, but if you are a Discount Den member (currently $59.99 per year), then kids up to 14 years of age can now fly for free on eligible dates. Each ticketed passenger aged 15 and up on the eligible reservation is eligible for one free kid’s ticket.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you want to use miles and jump on these fares, you could pay with a card such as the Discover it Miles card and then pay yourself back for the $20+ fares with the miles earned on your card in the form of a statement credit since there is no minimum redemption amount for travel charges on that card.
If Frontier Airlines is a regular part of your family’s budget travel strategy, you may want to brush-up on some of its latest family-friendly developments. This includes not only kids fly free, but the ability for some Frontier Miles members to pool miles together, complimentary family seat assignments for certain Frontier elite members and even waived or reduced change fees.
H/T: Secret Flying
Featured image courtesy of Frontier.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees