Deal Alert: Frontier Celebrates Its Birthday With $20 One-Way Fares
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Frontier Airlines is celebrating the airline’s 25th birthday with another round of dirt cheap fares throughout the United States. Basic economy one-way fares start at just $20 with numerous cities included in this latest promo. As previously mentioned, all fares are booked into Frontier’s basic economy, which means passengers will be required to pay for everything from a carry-on bag to a can of soda. Still, even if you choose to bring a carry-on bag aboard your flight, you will likely end up paying less than on full-service carriers.
Note that these $20 fares are only available to Discount Den members. Discount Den is Frontier’s discount club that allows members to access cheaper fares and other perks like the airline’s Kids-Fly-Free program. A one-year Discount Den membership costs $60. Low fares are still available without a Discount Den membership with nonmember fares starting at $25 one-way.
This sale ends at the end of the day Sunday so you’ll need to act fast. As is the case with any Frontier flash sale, there are blackout dates. To take advantage of these cheap fares, flights must depart between July 12 and November 20. Additionally, nearly every flight at the $20 or $25 price point departs on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Finally, the only official blackout date is September 3.
Frontier does display some of the airline’s fares on Google Flights, however, to book the lowest fares you will have to book on FlyFrontier.com.
Cost: $20+ one-way in basic economy
Dates: Tuesdays/Wednesdays from July 12 — November 20, 2019
Book By: July 7, midnight
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via amextravel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Branson, MO (BKG) for $25 one-way ($20 Discount Den):
Raleigh/Durham (RDU) to West Palm Beach (PBI) for $25 one-way ($20 Discount Den):
Charlotte (CLT) to Orlando (MCO) for $40 one-way ($33 Discount Den):
St. Louis (STL) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $64 one-way ($54 Discount Den):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by Kathryn Scott Osler/The Denver Post via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.