Deal Alert: Frontier Celebrates Its Birthday With $20 One-Way Fares
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Frontier Airlines is celebrating the airline’s 25th birthday with another round of dirt cheap fares throughout the United States. Basic economy one-way fares start at just $20 with numerous cities included in this latest promo. As previously mentioned, all fares are booked into Frontier’s basic economy, which means passengers will be required to pay for everything from a carry-on bag to a can of soda. Still, even if you choose to bring a carry-on bag aboard your flight, you will likely end up paying less than on full-service carriers.
Note that these $20 fares are only available to Discount Den members. Discount Den is Frontier’s discount club that allows members to access cheaper fares and other perks like the airline’s Kids-Fly-Free program. A one-year Discount Den membership costs $60. Low fares are still available without a Discount Den membership with nonmember fares starting at $25 one-way.
This sale ends at the end of the day Sunday so you’ll need to act fast. As is the case with any Frontier flash sale, there are blackout dates. To take advantage of these cheap fares, flights must depart between July 12 and November 20. Additionally, nearly every flight at the $20 or $25 price point departs on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Finally, the only official blackout date is September 3.
Frontier does display some of the airline’s fares on Google Flights, however, to book the lowest fares you will have to book on FlyFrontier.com.
Cost: $20+ one-way in basic economy
Dates: Tuesdays/Wednesdays from July 12 — November 20, 2019
Book By: July 7, midnight
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via amextravel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Branson, MO (BKG) for $25 one-way ($20 Discount Den):
Raleigh/Durham (RDU) to West Palm Beach (PBI) for $25 one-way ($20 Discount Den):
Charlotte (CLT) to Orlando (MCO) for $40 one-way ($33 Discount Den):
St. Louis (STL) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $64 one-way ($54 Discount Den):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image by Kathryn Scott Osler/The Denver Post via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees