Deal alert: For 2 days only, save up to 35% on Amtrak fares this winter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Amtrak just launched its “Winter Wonderland” sale on all services in the Northeast, with savings up to 35% one-way on travel between Nov. 1 – Feb. 29.
This sales comes just in time before the busy holiday season. No need to deal with traffic or weather delays, just hop on the train and enjoy the views. To get this deal, be sure to book by Sept. 27, 2019.
The Northeast corridor covers transportation through major cities including New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC and more. Rides on the high-speed Acela are included in this sale, as well as Northeast Regional routes if you’re looking to double down on some savings.
Another Amtrak deal that you may want to look into is Amtrak’s now permanent 2-for-1 sale, which is great for families, couples or friends traveling together. However, note that this deal is only valid on Saturday travel.
To access these deals, head to Amtrak.com. Space is limited and subject to availability. Tickets are non-refundable, but exchanges are permitted prior to departure. Acela tickets are valid for business and coach seats only; no upgrades permitted.
Routes: Available on all on Acela, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service (reserved only), Vermonter, Maple Leaf (within the U.S. only), Empire Service, Adirondack and Ethan Allen Express services
Cost: $19+ one-way
Book by: Sept. 27, 2019
Travel dates: Nov. 1, 2019 – Feb. 29, 2020
Restrictions: This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston, Massachusetts to Portland, Maine for $19 one-way:
Washington, D.C. to Richmond, Virginia for $19 one-way:
New York, New York to Albany, New York for $29 one-way:
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to New York, New York for $29 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for train purchases to learn more.
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees