This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines offers one of the most extravagant experiences in the sky for those flying in its forward cabins, and even those situated in premium economy and economy can look forward to modern amenities and pleasant service. You can get familiar with what’s on offer through the reviews and guides below.
- 18 Hours in Nonstop Style: Singapore Business Class on the World’s Longest Flight
- A ‘Double Bed’ in Biz: A Review of Singapore’s Brand-New A380 Business Class
- Singapore Airlines (A350-900) Economy From Houston to Manchester
If you’ve a little flexibility in your schedule next month, now’s your chance to splurge on Singapore’s finest for half the usual miles. The carrier’s newest KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes promotion is offering a 50% redemption discount off Economy Saver award rates for travel in Economy Class as well as business class redemptions at regular Economy Saver rates.
The fine print indicates that bookings must be completed by Feb. 28, 2019 for travel between March 1 – 31, 2019. Select flights are only discounted for certain days in March, but most apply for the entire month.
Eligible routes for 50% off include flights between Singapore and the following locales.
- Kuala Lumpur
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Hong Kong
- New Delhi
- Los Angeles
The only nonstop to the US found in its list of eligible flights is SQ35/SQ36, which routes between Singapore (SIN) and Los Angeles (LAX). During the sale, that flight will cost 38,000 miles one-way in premium economy. That said, you can route to Europe or Asia, buy a discounted award ticket to Singapore, and then buy a separate discounted award ticket for onward travel from Singapore.
You can book flights directly on the Singapore KrisFlyer website, though you’ll first need to sign up for a free account if you haven’t already. The 50% deduction will show once you’ve selected an eligible flight.
How to Earn Singapore KrisFlyer Miles
If you’ve never flown on Singapore or aren’t sure how to accrue KrisFlyer miles, fret not. Singapore Airlines is a transfer partner with Citi ThankYou Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Amex Membership Rewards. This means that any points you have across any of those platforms can be easily converted into Singapore KrisFlyer miles. In fact, you can transfer points from all three programs into your KrisFlyer account to accumulate enough for a dream holiday.
If you’re looking to bolster your balances, consider adding any of the cards below to your arsenal. Each of these are offering healthy welcome bonuses after meeting minimum spend requirements, which can catapult you closer to your next big award redemption.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card ($95 annual fee) — 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; see rates & fees) — 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- Citi Premier Card ($95 annual fee, waived for the first year) — 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card ($95 annual fee, waived for the first year) — 50,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
H/T: God Save The Points
Featured image by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards